SuperEdge v0.1.0 Release is Available
SuperEdge v0.1.0 Release Notes.
🎉🎉🎉 First Release!
This is the first release of SuperEdge, which includes a series of features to transform a Kubernetes cluster to an edge-native container management system for edge computing.
- Proxies requests from master nodes to edge worker nodes, which allows accessing edge nodes with no public IP address.
- It is enabled by default for request from kube-apiserver to Kubelet on the Edge Worker nodes.
- Supports TCP/HTTP/HTTPS.
- Enhanced application management on the edge by grouping related applications and edge worker nodes.
- Offers two new CRDs for managing serviceGroup - DeploymentGrid & ServiceGrid.
- Provides isolated internal network for applications inside the same serviceGroup.
- Keeps services on the edge nodes up and running stably despite of network disconnection between edge and cloud.
- Allows pods on the edge to restart correctly even though losing connection to the master kube-apiserver.
- Enhanced monitoring of edge worker nodes.
- Distributed health check on groups of edge nodes.
- Determines status of the node based on the status checks from nodes within the same health check group.
- Eliminates false alert in case of losing cloud-to-edge network connection.
- EdgeAdm is a command-line tool to help users to deploy SuperEdge to native Kubernetes in 1-click.